FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers is pleased to provide wellness classes which include Tai Chi Fundamentals. What is Tai Chi Fundamentals? Tai chi fundamentals bridges Eastern mind and body health principles with Western medical model functional analysis. Tai Chi fundamentals can serve as a complete exercise program for many individuals. It can provide solid basic training for those who wish to progress to the more complex forms of traditional Tai Chi.
The program includes three primary components:
- It introduces the Movement Patterns. These are series of exercises that are practical to reinforce the body positions repeated throughout the Tai Chi form
- It offers step-by-step instruction in the Fundamentals Form. This is a simplified version of Tai Chi based on traditional movements.
- Finally, this program introduces important Mind/Body Principles that serve as a guideline for Tai Chi practice.Tai Chi is a weight bearing and moderate intensity cardiovascular exercise. It is known to:
- Health Benefits
- Improve balance, reduce falls and increase leg strength
- Lowers blood pressure and stress hormones
- Enhances respiratory and immune function
- Promotes well-being
- Improves flexibility in upper and lower bodyCOME & JOIN US
- WHEN: TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
- TIME: 12:40 pm – 1:40 pm
- COST: $50 FOR A PUNCH CARD OF 10 SESSIONS
- WHO: ANYONE & EVERONE!
- INSTRUCTOR: Eric Short-Miller, PT, DPT, Cert MDT