At a time like this, it's more important than ever to maintain a sense of normalcy and take care of your health and safety. While we deal with this change of routine, it's vital that we pay attention to our healthcare and keep up with our treatment routines so as to not make the problem worse. That's why we're now introducing telehealth - which allows you to have live physical therapy treatments from the comfort of your home.
- -Receive care in the comfort of your own home
- -Continue your physical therapy treatment via telehealth, in person, or both
- -practice new physical therapy techniques developed by our physical therapists
- -maintain social distancing recommendations set forth by health agencies
What is Telehealth Therapy?
Telehealth allows for our clinicians to focus on patient-centered outcomes for individuals who are observing social distancing protocols or unable to attend in-person visits. Sessions are done remotely through advanced and secure technologies and brings the patient live video access to treatment in a private one-ot-one format. During an online appointment, your clinician can evaluate a new problem, discuss your current treatment plan, and develop and take you through an exercise program you can do at home to help you progress to your goals.
What Do I Need for my Telehealth Visit?
- -you will need a device with a screen, camera, and microphone. This could be a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a strong wifi connection
- -your therapist will email you a link to get connected. Once you click the link, follow the prompts and wait for your physical therapist to start the session
- -Find a private space where you feel comfortable. Make sure you have room to move, as this is still a physical therapy visit, which requires you to move.
- -Wear clothes that allow you to move comfortably, but try to avoid baggy clothing so your therapist can accurately assess your movements.
- Bring any equipment you may have. This could range from weights, bands, yoga mats or more. If you don't have any equipment, do not worry, as your therapist is trained to work with what you have.
Telehealth or In-Person Appointments, or both?
Many patients need or prefer the interaction of an in-person appointment, so our FYZICAL clinics are open and available. However, you may benefit from a telehealth appointment if you are:
- -Quarantined due to recent travels or exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- -quarantined because of symptoms that include fever, cough, or trouble breathing
- You are at a high risk for contracticting COVID-19 due to underlying health conditions
- Lack of transportation
- If you are uable to physically attend your visit, we can offer telehealth as an alternative to cancelling your visit.
To schedule an appointment with one of our therapists, call 847-520-9038.