What is Miracle Wave Therapy?
The Miracle Wave Pressure Wave Therapy is a non-invasive treatment that rapidly relieves chronic and acute musculoskeletal pain. Miracle Wave Therapy accelerates tissue recovery by kickstarting the angiogenesis process.
Also Known As:
- Pressure Wave Therapy
- Acoustic Wave Therapy
- Shock Wave Therapy
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
Benefits of Wave Therapy
- Promotes Tissue Recovery
- Break up myofascial adhesions in the muscle, tendon and ligaments
- Restore blood flow and clean out waste products
- Stimulates new tissue cells to form in the damaged area
- Faster recovery, pain relief, reduce edema, improved motion
What to Expect During Your First Treatment
- You will start by explaining any pain or symptoms that you are currently experiencing to your Miracle Wave specialist. Be sure to inform them of any current medications you are taking, or any other treatments you have undergone in the past 6 months. Your specialist will begin to palpate the indicated problem area(s), possibly making note of the area(s) by marking with a pen.
Your specialist will then apply a thin coat of ultrasound gel. This gel helps to transmit the acoustic sound waves generated by the handpiece to the body. They will begin the treatment process by calibrating the unit to suit your particular injury or symptoms. Most treatment sessions will be approximately 5 to 10 minutes long with 800 to 4,000 pulses applied per treatment area.
The handpiece will be pressed firmly against the indicated problem area(s) in a slight rotating movement. You should expect to feel some discomfort throughout the duration of the treatment, but if the aching appears to be too strong or not strong enough, please advise your specialist to adjust the intensity accordingly. Generally, after 200 pulses you will start to adapt to the intensity level of the handpiece, and it will need to be increased or moved to other nearby sore spots.
After the treatment is completed, the ultrasound gel will be removed from the skin. You may experience some redness, bruising, swelling, or increased pain in the treated area. This is completely normal and should subside within a couple of days. In most patients with acute pain, a single treatment session has been known to provide some pain relief or increased mobility. However, it is best to allow for a at least 3 to 5 treatments to be completed before lasting results are achieved.
- Clinically proven… >86% success rate
- Quick treatment, non-invasive, simple application, few complications, visible results
- Helps support the body’s natural healing response
- Hundreds of scientific studies have been published on the effectiveness of ESWT for musculoskeletal conditions