The Portland Program is an advanced and comprehensive rehabilitation program for the neck and back. The program uses physical therapists with advanced training and who specialize in manual therapy for the neck and back. These experts will first look for the cause of the problem and then help the patient facilitate healing.
Goals Of The Portland Program Include:
- Regaining a balanced structure
- Strengthening the core muscles throughout the body
- Regaining function through exercise and education
- Developing a program with our patient that allow them to become independent
How Do We Accomplish These Goals?
- Hands on treatment with a manual therapist who is an expert in this treatment
- Core strengthening exercises using the Pilates reformer
- Making posture and body mechanics a priority
- Working on functional activities like sleeping positions and breathing techniques
- Daily workouts both in clinic and at home