Dysfunction in the upper and lower extremities can have many causes; Sports or work-related injuries, overuse and/or trauma from an accident.
- Upper extremities and joints such as shoulders are subject to torn muscles and ligaments. The rotator cuff is particularly vulnerable to strains and tears. Frozen shoulder is another common condition. Further down the arm, elbow tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome in the wrists can occur.
- Lower extremities and joints such as the knees are vulnerable to torn ACL ligaments and collateral ligaments that help stabilize the joint in motion. The ankles and Achilles tendons are other common extremities prone to injury. People with such injuries often need orthopedic surgery and/or effective, comprehensive rehabilitation.
Over 500,000 total joint replacements are now performed in America every year. Joint pain can also be caused by progressive conditions such as arthritis. Fyzical's patient-centered therapists can help you. They are highly trained in assisting your return to work, hobbies and sports while protecting the integrity of your surgical repair.
Some of the postsurgical challenges treated at Fyzical Dallas include:
- Rotator cuff repair (open or arthroscopic)
- Shoulder impingement
- Labral tears ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL
- Meniscus reconstruction
- Total joint replacement (shoulder, hip & knee)
- Spinal laminectomy, discectomy and fusion
- Carpal tunnel release
- Tennis elbow surgery
- Achilles and other tendon repair
- Plantar fascitis