IDD Therapy along with Physical Therapy, administered by the Spina SystemTM, has been clinically proven to reduce symptoms related to lumbar disc herniations, degenerative disc disease, sciatica and facet syndrome by 86%.
During the course of your treatment, it is not uncommon to have an increase in the following symptoms:
- Lower back pain
- Thigh, calve, ankle and foot pain
- Numbness and tingling down
Your initial reduction in symptoms may not be noticed until your 12th visit on the Spina System.
Your responsibilities as a patient to maximize the pace of treatment and longevity of results are the following:
- Must commit to complete 20 visits in a 6 week period (5x/week for the 1st two weeks; 3x/week for the 3rd & 4th week; 2x/week for the 5th & 6th week).
- Condition reports to the therapist prior to and following each IDD Therapy treatment
- Home icing may be necessary if pain increases after daily therapy (20 minutes on and 20 minutes off)
- Drink lots of water during treatment & maintain all mediations as prescribed by your Doctor (especially muscle relaxers & anti-inflammatory medicines).
- 6-12 weeks of strengthening and conditioning following Spina System sessions (after the 20th visit)
- Additional visits may be required if determined to enhance progress
REMEMBER: As your back starts to feel better, it is very important that you DO NOT perform any strenuous activity whatsoever specially in the first two weeks of treatment. Consult with the therapist prior to any physical activity (e.g. gardening, household chores, exercise)