Numerous women suffer from chronic pelvic pain, or CPP. This dysfunction is a by product of trauma to the pelvis, which causes muscle spasms of the groin, lower abdomen, lumbar spine and hip musculature.
Consequently, the thin layer of tissue surrounding the pelvic floor becomes inflamed, and CPP is the result. CPP is not psychological, but it is a physical dysfunction that can be alleviated.
Using techniques such as myofascial release, strain-counterstrain, joint mobilization/manipulation, therapeutic exercise and biofeedback, our therapists can help reposition the sacroiliac joint and strengthen the pelvic floor, reducing and in most cases, alleviating CPP.
Biofeedback for CPP assists neuromuscular reeducation, which strengthens the contractile ability and tonicity of the pelvic floor. In addition, biofeedback is frequently prescribed before and after surgery to facilitate the maintenance of surgical results.
- Pregnancy-related problems can also be helped by physical therapy. Your body will undergo many changes. Unnecessary pain does not have to be part of your prenatal or postpartum experience. A pregnancy-specific physical therapy program can help you avoid many anticipated symptoms and alleviate unwanted pain. Our specially designed pregnancy treatment table will make you more comfortable during treatment.
- You might also be surprised to know that your OB/GYN or family practitioner can refer you for physical therapy. Ask your physician for a prenatal or postpartum physical therapy evaluation before you experience any discomfort or pain. This type of evaluation is covered by most insurance plans.
- Another condition we can help you with is urinary incontinence. Up to half of all women experience this problem sometime during their lives. There are many effective solutions including physical therapy. Bladder control problems, pelvic pain and painful intercourse are often related to problems involving weak pelvic muscles. We customize programs to strengthen and normalize those muscles, thus eliminating your dysfunction/discomfort.
At Fyzical Dallas, we offer programs to help you through each stage of your life so you can feel your best all the time. Our treatment specialties include:
- Low back pain
- Vulvar vestibulitis & vaginismus
- Interstitial cystitis
- Osteoporosis & arthritis
- Obstetrical dysfunction
- Urinary & fecal incontinence
- Fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic pelvic pain & pelvic floor weakness
We understand the changes your body undergoes throughout life, and we believe that knowing more about your body and condition enables you to participate in physical therapy for longer-lasting results.
Fyzical Dallas has established itself as an exceptional facility because of our well-trained staff, advanced technology and individualized care. We care about each patient's success, and we're dedicated to helping them achieve their goals.