What Does Direct
Direct Access means it’s your move! As a patient, you have the opportunity to seek the care that you need, now. Direct Access to physical therapy means that you can receive an evaluation and treatment from a Physical Therapist without a physician’s referral or prescription.
What Does Direct Access to Physical Therapy Mean For You?
- Immediate evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for your musculoskeletal pain, discomfort or injury, by your Physical Therapist without the unnecessary delay caused by visiting another healthcare professional.
- Immediate consultation with your Physical Therapist to determine if therapy is needed or if further examination by another healthcare professional is recommended.
- Quicker return to work, play, living due to receiving treatment without delay.
- Freedom to choose a Physical Therapist as you would your MD, DO, Chiropractor, Dentist or another healthcare professional.
- Continuity of care as you return to your Physical Therapist of choice for all your musculoskeletal needs including general wellness, relief from injury and injury prevention.
What injuries/concerns can your physical therapist help with?
- Headaches, neck and back pain
- Joint pain (shoulder, knee, hip, foot, ankle)
- Any injury due to a fall or trauma
- Poor posture
- Jaw pain/TMJD
- Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis
- Premature aging and decreased muscle tone
- Urinary incontinence/pelvic pain
- Decreased ability to walk
- Decreased mobility or range of motion
- Poor balance/fear of falling
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Pain/decreased mobility/decreased strength due to obesity
- Fatigue/poor endurance due to pulmonary dysfunction
- Poor endurance due to cancer and related treatments
Does insurance pay for Direct Access physical therapy?
Most third-party insurance companies will cover your Direct Access physical therapy visits. Our team will check your benefits and explain your coverage during your evaluation visit.
Call us today to learn how we can connect you with the care you need, now.