Pediatric Speech Therapy
FYZICAL Grand Haven offers comprehensive Pediatric Speech Therapy as well as:
Our Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologists provide skilled evaluation and treatment for children to help them achieve independent and functional communication skills. The evaluation consists of a parent interview, standardized testing, informal assessment, and play-based interaction to determine the child’s current communication abilities.
Treatment sessions are individualized and focused on intensive speech and language stimulation. Parents are encouraged to observe and participate in treatment sessions. Home programming is provided as a need to promote carry-over of speech and language skills.
Childhood Speech and Language Conditions treated:
- Childhood speech/articulation delay or disorder
- Childhood expressive or receptive language delay/disorder
- Phonological process disorders
- Developmental apraxia/dyspraxia of speech
- Auditory processing of spoken language
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Pragmatic (social language) disorders
- Down syndrome
- Neurological disorders resulting in speech and language challenges