Pelvic floor disorders causes uncomfortable symptoms such as urine leakage, constipation, or pain, and can lead to embarrassing and disabling limitations in daily life. it's hard to get a grip on what works with sustainable results. Did you know that pelvic physical therapy treatments for pelvic floor disorders are highly effective and supported by very strong research. This means that they are evidence-based. In addition, it involves no medication or surgery! Enjoying a pain-free life with good bladder and bowel control, physical activity, laughter, and sexual health, requires healthy pelvic floor muscles. At FYZICAL Therapy and Balance Centers, we believe that having a healthy pelvic floor will help you to love your life.
Bladder Control Problems
Affects 35% of all women, 50% of women over the age of 65 , 25% of all men
- Urinary incontinence – unintentional urine leakage of any amount, at any time.
- Urinary urgency – experiencing a sudden strong urge to urinate that is difficult to defer.
- Urinary frequency – urinating more than 8 times in 24 hours.
- Nocturia – waking more than one time during sleep by the need to urinate.
- Difficulty emptying the bladder – incomplete bladder emptying, slow stream.
- Pelvic organ prolapse – “dropped bladder” or cystocele, uterine prolapse.
Bowel Control Problems
- Constipation/obstructed defecation- difficulty emptying the bowels, incomplete bowel emptying, need to strain.
- Fecal incontinence – unintentional leakage or smearing of any amount of stool at any time.
- Fecal urgency – difficulty or inability to defer the urge to have a bowel movement.
- Pelvic organ prolapse – rectocele.