Indy Spartan SGX
Our Indy Spartan SGX training program is lead by Spartan SGX Certified Coach, Tom Burns. Coach Burns became certified in January 2015. We welcome you to review the information below. If you still have additional questions, feel welcome to reach out to Coach Burns at either firstname.lastname@example.org or by call or text at 317-503-2297. Training sessions will vary across multiple objectives. These may include cardio endurance, muscle endurance, muscle strength, power, mobility, and more. Coach Burns discusses two rules. 1) Show Up, and 2) Make Effort. These simple two rules may sound easy, but many people may struggle. You follow these rules, and we will take care of the rest. Coach Burns also encourages participants not to become too overwhelmed with the big picture goals. Rather, be aware of your goals, and then break things down and focus on your Daily Decisions, one at a time. Click HERE for an overview of our training program.
See further down the page for additional stand alone offerings, and picture from some past year's Spartan events.
Round 2 of Indy Spartan SGX training
On site training is currently being postponed, due to the nature of the current medical environment. The earliest potential resume date will be Monday, April 6. However, it may extend further as well.
Training explaination and pricing details will be posted when decisions are confirmed. In the meantime, be sure to follow our Facebook page for workout tips and videos you can do from home.
*** Important note: To continue into phases 2 and 3, you must have attended multiple classes from the prior phase. ***
- Open Gyms: These are days where you can use our facility for various purposes. You'll have access to the gym related equipment and obstacles. Most participants utilize these days as skill focus sessions. We have a variety of obstacle versions from monkey bars, rope climb, twister, spear throw, and more! Entry is $10 per person. Kids are free with paying parent (adult).
- Spartan Pillars and FYZICAL Fitness beliefs video: Click here.
- Obstacle tutorial videos: YouTube page
- Zoom group webcasts: Periodically, we will offer online webcasts to cover various topics. These are available via zoom.us, or via the Zoom mobile app. Please set up your free account prior to webinar, so you can join in. We will have invite emails or links available prior to start of the event.
- Additional training offerings, not included in the above package.
AlterG treadmill, Juvent Micro-vibration, or deep tissue Laser Therapy. Click here for details.
- Follow us on Facebook
Basic Elements of Physical Fitness:
- Cardiorespiratory endurance – the ability of the heart, lungs, and circulatory system to supply oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles;
- Muscle strength – the maximal amount of force that can be produced by a muscle or muscle group;
- Muscle endurance – the ability of a muscle or muscle group to maintain submaximal force or repeated contractions over a period of time;
- Flexibility – the ability to move a joint through its full range of motion.
Expanded elements of physical fitness would include focuses on balance, speed, anaerobic power, coordination, agility, and reaction time.
TRAINING LOCATIONS Available:
FYZICAL Fitness: 5841 Thunderbird Road, Suite i, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Our main entry door faces side street, Deme Drive, one turn off Thunderbird Road.
Offsite locations may commonly include:
- Fort Harrison State Park (entry at 59th St. and Post Rd. Entry fees may apply.)
- Lawrence Community Park (back behind the Major General Emmett J Bean Finance Center)
Here are some highlight pictures of class participants at 2018 races!
Here are some highlight pictures of class participants in 2019!
Here are some highlight pictures of our facility in early 2020!
DISCLAIMER: Tom Burns is a Spartan SGX Certified Coach, and employed with FYZICAL Fitness of Indianapolis. Spartan Race and FYZICAL Fitness are separate businesses, and are not responsible for each other's actions or remarks.