Indy Spartan SGX
Our Indy Spartan SGX training program is lead by Spartan SGX Certified Coach, Tom Burns. Coach Burns became certified in January 2015. We welcome you to review the information below. If you still have additional questions, feel welcome to reach out to Coach Burns at either email@example.com or by call or text at 317-503-2297. Training sessions will vary across multiple objectives. These may include cardio endurance, muscle endurance, muscle strength, power, mobility, and more. Coach Burns discusses two rules. 1) Show Up, and 2) Make Effort. These simple two rules may sound easy, but many people may struggle. You follow these rules, and we will take care of the rest. Coach Burns also encourages participants not to become too overwhelmed with the big picture goals. Rather, be aware of your goals, and then break things down and focus on your Daily Decisions, one at a time.
Here are the details for our initial round in training in 2020. This will lead us up to Saturday, March 28. As we near that date, additional scheduling details will be announced. An initial tentative dateline is listed, leading up to the first weekend of Spartan Races here in the Midwest. Also, see further down the page for additional stand alone offerings, and picture from some past year's Spartan events.
$85 per 3-week phase, payments recurring by start of phases 2 and 3, or
$225 for full 9-week program, paid up front.
The above pricing includes the following:
- Zoom group webcast to discuss Spartan Pillars and FYZICAL Fitness beliefs.
- 2-3 days on-site training per week. (Plan to add another 2-3 days cardio per
week on your own).
- Daytime access to FYZICAL Fitness gym for self-monitored training with allowed
- Important note: To continue into phases 2 and 3, you must have attended
multiple classes from the prior phase.
Payment Options accepted:
- In person, on location. Cash or credit card.
Included in either of the above purchases for Indy Spartan SGX program. For those of you enrolled in the Indy Spartan SGX training, select one of these two times to complete your baseline training. If unable to make either session, be sure to communicate directly with Coach Burns to determine alternative times. These tests are important, as we will complete them again later in training, and use for progress check.
Available times: Monday, January 20. 12:00 Noon or 6:30 pm. Confirm time you will be attending.
If different times are needed, communicate with Coach Burns as soon as possible. Call or text 317-503-2297, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional stand alone offerings:
- Webinar: Spartan Pillars and FYZICAL Fitness beliefs. Zoom group webcast.
This is great for those of you interested in the Spartan Races and enjoy the support and content
provided by members of FYZICAL Fitness, Indianapolis. Enjoy from the comfort of your own
computer or phone. Learn about the 7 pillars of Spartan SGX, as well as some of the common
beliefs from FYZICAL Fitness.
Our online webinar meetings will be available via zoom.us, or via the Zoom mobile app. Please set up your free account prior to webinar, so you can join in. I have have invite emails or links available prior to start of the event.
Basic Elements of Physical Fitness:
- Cardiorespiratory endurance – the ability of the heart, lungs, and circulatory system to supply oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles;
- Muscle strength – the maximal amount of force that can be produced by a muscle or muscle group;
- Muscle endurance – the ability of a muscle or muscle group to maintain submaximal force or repeated contractions over a period of time;
- Flexibility – the ability to move a joint through its full range of motion.
Expanded elements of physical fitness would include focuses on balance, speed, anaerobic power, coordination, agility, and reaction time.
TRAINING LOCATIONS Available:
FYZICAL Fitness: 5841 Thunderbird Road, Suite i, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Our main entry door faces side street, Deme Drive, one turn off Thunderbird Road.
Offsite locations may commonly include:
- Fort Harrison State Park (entry at 59th St. and Post Rd. Entry fees may apply.)
- Lawrence Community Park (back behind the Major General Emmett J Bean Finance Center)
Here are some highlight pictures of class participants in 2019!
Here are some highlight pictures of class participants at 2018 races!
DISCLAIMER: Tom Burns is a Spartan SGX Certified Coach, and employed with FYZICAL Fitness of Indianapolis. Spartan Race and FYZICAL Fitness are separate businesses, and are not responsible for each other's actions or remarks.