At a time like this, it's more important than ever to maintain a sense of normalcy and take care of your health and safety. While we deal with this change of routine, it's vital that we pay attention to our healthcare and keep up with our treatment routines so as to not make the problem worse. That's why we're now introducing LIVE, Virtual One-on-One video appointments that allow you to meet with your therapist without stepping out of the home. This allows you to:
- -stay in a safe space while getting the care you need
- -continue your existing treatment or consult with a physical or occupational therapist on a new course of treatment
- -practice new self-treatment techniques developed by our therapists
- -maintain social distancing and other isolation recommendations set forth by health agencies
- -spend more time with your family
What is Telehealth Therapy?
Telehealth allows for our clinicians to focus on patient-centered outcomes for individuals who are observing social distancing protocols or unable to attend in-person visits. Sessions are done remotely through advanced and secure technologies and brings the patient live video access to treatment in a private one-ot-one format. During an online appointment, your clinician can evaluate a new problem, discuss your current treatment plan, and develop and take you through an exercise program you can do at home to help you progress to your goals.
What Do I Need for my Telehealth Visit?
- -you will need a device with a screen, camera, and microphone. This could be a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a strong wifi connection
- -your therapist will text or email you a link to get connected. Once you click the link, just follow the prompts and wait for your therapist to start the visit
- -choose a private space where you feel comfortable to conduct your visit. Make sure you have room to move, this is still a PT visit and movement is the whole point!
- -wear clothes that you can move in and that your PT can see you move in. Very loose clothing makes it hard for your therapist to see and evaluate your movement
- -collect any equipment you may have beforehand so your therapist knows what you have to work with. Examples might include resistance bands, dumbbells, yoga mats, etc. No equipment? No problem! Your therapist may send you resistance bands or will work with what you already have
- -be ready to get creative and have fun! For many patients and therapists, virtual visits are a new experience so expect to work together and try new things to find what works best for you
Telehealth or In-Person Appointments?
Many patients need or prefer the interaction of an in-person appointment, so our FYZICAL clinics are open and available. However, you may benefit from a telehealth appointment if you are:
- -in quarantine due to recent overseas travel or contact with someone with COVID-19
- -quarantined because of symptoms that include fever, cough, or trouble breathing
- -at risk of contracting COVID-19 including individuals over the age of 65, smokers, and those with underlying health issues such as diabetes or asthma
To schedule an appointment with one of our therapists, call 773-755-7566 or click the button below to schedule an appointment online.