Pelvic floor disorders cause uncomfortable symptoms such as urine leakage, constipation, or pain, and can lead to embarassing and disabling limitations in daily life. Did you know tha tphysical therapy treatments for pelvic floor disorders are highly effective and are supported by very strong research? This means that they are evidence-based. In addition, it involves no medication or surgery! Enjoying a pain-free life with good bladder and bowel control, physical activity, laughter, and sexual health, requires healthy pelvic floor muscles. At FYZICAL Therapy and Balance Centers, we believe that having a health pelvic floor will help you to love your life.
If you expereince any of the following symptoms, physical therapy could be the right option for you:
- Urinary Incontinence - unintentional urine leakage of any amount, at any time
- Urinary Urgency - experiencing a sudden strong urge to urinate that is difficult to defer
- Urinary Frequency - urinating more than 8 times in 24 hours
- Nocturia - waking more than one time during sleep by the need to urinate
- Difficulty Emptying the Bladder - incomplete bladder emptying, slow stream
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - "dropped bladder" or cystocele, uterine prolapse
At FYZICAL Lincoln Park, our therapist treats both men and women experiencing incontinence related issues.