If you have foot pain it should not be ignored. The presence of foot problems can affect the function of other parts of your body, including the hip, knee and back.
Custom orthotics are prescription foot supports inserted into the shoe to correct an abnormal or irregular walking pattern. They are personalized for each individual’s needs and can be used to:
- Reduce pain and provide proper support.
- Prevent foot deformity.
- Relieve pressure on a certain area of the foot.
- Improve the overall biomechanical function of the foot and lower extremity.
If you experience any of the following you may be a candidate for orthotics:
- Chronic foot, knee, hip, or back pain.
- Pain associated with your feet rolling in when you run or walk (pronation).
- Lower extremity pain .
- Frequent, recurrent ankle sprains.
- Persistent, recurrent tendonitis in the lower extremities.