FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers is committed to providing innovative products and services that help to improve our patients’ mobility and health. We are proud to offer the latest technology in rehabilitation and training to the North Atlanta metropolitan area. The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill provides patients and athletes an option unlike any other. Click here to see how the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is helping patients of all backgrounds and ages achieve their health and fitness goals.
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill, a Rehabilitation Device and Training Tool:
- Rehab and train with less pain and impact and reduced stress on joints and muscles.
- The world’s best athletes and sports teams train and rehab with the AlterG including 24 NFL, 24 NBA, and 13 MLB teams along with 91 Universities and 4 US Olympic Training Centers.
- Click here to watch the Director of Sports Medicine and Head Football Athletic Trainer at the University of Alabama discuss the benefits of the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill for their athletes.
- We offer the use of the AlterG to our patients as well as athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
Approved by the FDA as a medical device, the AlterG is a high-tech treadmill developed by NASA. It uses a differential air pressure regulation system, which surrounds the user and lifts them up to reduce ground reaction and lower quarter impact forces during weight bearing exercise. The AlterG can reduce the weight of the user by as much as 80% (in precise 1% increments). People who use the AlterG say that it is like “running on air.
The Next Step in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation:
- Rehabilitating after surgery or injury of the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle and foot)
- Training through an injury – reduced impact training and conditioning
- Biomechanical gait training with Video Monitoring System to provide patient biofeedback
- Engages patients, increased patient confidence and motivation
- Gait training for neurologic patients. With the body stabilized, there is no risk of falling
- Weight control and reduction
- Strength and conditioning for older patients
The AlterG Advantage in Fitness and Sports Training:
- Run faster through neuromuscular training (Overspeed Training)
- Walk or run at different paces and intensity throughout a workout (Interval Training)
- Recover from hard training sessions and/or decrease high impact stress (Cross Training)
- Maintain cardiovascular fitness when recovering from an injury
- Prevent over-use and chronic injuries normally associated with the impact of running and walking
Advantages over aquatic therapy:
- More convenient by avoiding the mess of water
- Improve patient privacy by avoiding the need to wear a swim suit
- No risk of infection at the incision site from exposure by water immersion
- More functional since patients maintain normal gait, stride length, bounding, leg kick and body positioning
- The AlterG has the ability to decrease the weight of the user by as much as 80%, in 1% increments, so it can more precisely un-weight the body
- The pressurized chamber stabilizes the body so tethers or harnesses aren’t needed