" />

Preparing Visit

Home
» Preparing Visit :

What should I bring to my first appointment?

  • Insurance Card(s) and Government issued ID (such as Driver's License)
  • Referral or prescription from your physician (if applicable)
  • Records of injury (doctor's notes, imaging results, etc.)
  • A list of any questions or concerns you would like to address

Please arrive 15 minutes early to your first visit to complete necessary paperwork.

What should I wear to Physical Therapy?

Comfortable, nonrestrictive clothing or athletic wear and athletic shoes.

How long does each visit take?

Your first therapy session will last around 60 minutes, while subsequent visits will be between 40-45 minutes. You will meet with your therapist and a treatment plan will be established so that you may meet your physical therapy goals.

How long will I need physical therapy?

You will need to attend physical therapy sessions until you and your therapist decide that you have reached your desired level of function or that further therapy would not be beneficial. We will make a treatment plan for you, which includes frequency and expected duration of treatment, as well as  regular maintenance visits to our physical rehab clinic.

If at any point you feel like you are not progressing at a satisfactory rate, we will collaborate with you and modify your treatment plan. We will always keep you informed about your progress.

Will I see the same physical therapist every time?

All of our physical therapists and assistants are fully-licensed or certified and enjoy delivering high-quality care, and we will make every attempt to schedule you with the therapist you desire to see. However, there may be times when another physical therapist or physical therapist assistant will need to treat you in order to accommodate your schedule or the required plan of care.

Will my insurance pay for therapy?

We participate with most health insurance plans; however it is recommended that you call for benefits prior to attending therapy to ensure that services will be covered. Generally, most insurance companies pay for physical therapy. 

We are a Medicare provider, and medicare covers 80% of physical therapy services. The remaining 20% is the patient's responsibility unless you have a supplemental policy. Please be aware, there is a Medicare cap in place for outpatient therapy services.

If you do not carry insurance, self pay options and punch cards are available.

Do I need a physician's referral for physical therapy?

All Medicare patients require a prescription for therapy services. Private insurance companies may or may not require that you obtain a prescription. Once again, it is recommended to call to verify this information with your insurance prior to starting treatment.

COVID-19 updates.
X