Speech Language Pathology
FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers in Brefeld, IL offers comprehensive speech therapy services for adults and pediatrics. Speech therapists work towards helping their clients achieve optimum function during their daily activities. This includes the habits and routines that a client completes on a daily basis. A person may benefit from speech therapy services if he or she is having difficulty meeting developmental milestones, having problems with feeding or swallowing, and/or have suffered from a stroke or accident.
Services are provided in the home for Early Intervention (birth to age 3) and for medically fragile children and newborn babies. All other services are provided in the clinic setting. Please refer to clinic contact information to schedule an speech therapy evaluation.
FYZICAL Brefeld currently employs three registered speech therapists.
Speech therapists can be of assistance if your child is experiencing any of the following:
- Sensory processing & behavioral concerns
- Delay in milestones
- Oral motor/feeding difficulty
- Difficulty with communication (such as memory, attention, perception, organization, regulation, and problem solving)
- Difficulty putting words together or limited vocabulary
- Problems such as stuttering
- Issues with articulation
Speech therapists can help with treatment of the following conditions:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Developmental delay
- Down syndrome
- Stroke/brain bleed
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cerebral/Bell's palsy
- Sensory processing disorder