At FYZICAL Bradenton, our state-of-the-art Therapy Pool provides the ultimate atmosphere for physical rehabilitation and superior conditioning. If you or a loved one has an injury or condition that makes weight-bearing exercise too painful or risky, such as arthritis, stroke, or recent surgery on the knee, hip, back or neck, then pool therapy is the ideal way to get moving again and begin the rehabilitation process. (Therapy Pool available at select locations).
Why is Aquatic Therapy So Effective?
During aquatic therapy, the buoyancy of the water, as well as the viscosity, offers a balance between decreased weight bearing and resistance that only a pool can offer. The FYZICAL aquatic program is provided in a warm-water pool (approximately 89 degrees) by highly qualified therapists who design personalized exercise programs on a one-on-one basis. Because the water provides support for weight-bearing joints, treatment can begin sooner. Some of the benefits associated with aquatic therapy include:
- Water offers special qualities that make rehab less painful
- Stimulates healing and strengthening of injured tissue
- Decreases pain from inflammation
- Stimulates endorphins that help control pain and alleviate tension
- Promotes stability
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Reduces joint stiffness
- Increases muscle strength, tone, and endurance
- Initiates walking in a low impact environment
- Replicates the proper biomechanics of land-based movements
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- For clients who are candidates for pool therapy, FYZICAL therapists will develop a customized aquatic treatment program with exercises and hands-on therapy designed to decrease your pain and accelerate your recovery.
Types of Diagnoses Treated:
- Joint pain
- Back pain
- Gait Disorders
- Pregnancy-related diagnoses
- Joint replacement
- Sports injuries
- High blood pressure
- Weight management
- Along with much more, call today to see if FYZICAL can help you!