FIRST VISIT INFO AT FYZICAL Grand Lake Oakland
Your first physical therapy visit will be approximately 40 minutes. You will meet with your physical therapist and a treatment plan will be established so that you may meet your physical therapy goals. Your following appointments will be approximately 40 minutes. Your doctor and physical therapist will determine how many times a week you will need to attend physical therapy. You should arrive 20 minutes early for your first appointment so that the front office staff can complete and organize your paperwork and make the necessary copies of your insurance cards. You may also have completed most of your paperwork online, before your first visit.
INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES:
Effective April 3, 2023, per State and County health Guidelines, masks are no longer required in our healthcare setting. Masking is optional.
- We request that you wear a mask if you have upper respiratory symptoms or have recently been exposed to COVID-19.
- If you are masked and you prefer your therapist to be masked, please let your therapist know.
- If you are concerned about your exposure to others who are not masked, your therapist will do what they can to keep you in a separate treatment space, so your exposture to others is limited.
- We continue to have air purifiers running throughout our space.
- Our administrative staff in reception areas continue to work behind tall screens. Our waiting areas remain spaced over 3 separate areas.
- We reserve the right to request that anyone wear a mask as needed to maintain a safe clinic environement for everyone.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Insurance card/s
- Driver’s License
- Prescription from your physician for therapy services (if it was not already sent)
- Completed intake forms if provided to you ahead of time
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO WEAR:
- Loose, comfortable clothing
- Bring or wear appropriate shoes for exercising (if applicable)
- Payment is due at the time of each service
- The front office staff will advise you of your financial responsibility on your first visit, if not before
- We accept cash, checks, debit cards, VISA and MASTERCARD
DO WE ACCEPT MEDICARE?
Yes, we are a Medicare provider. Medicare covers 80% of physical therapy services. The remaining 20% is the client's responsibility unless you have a supplemental insurance. As a courtesy we bill all secondary insurances. Currently there is a $2080 Medicare cap in place for outpatient physical therapy services.
DO WE ACCEPT PRIVATE INSURANCE?
We are in-network providers for PPO plans with Medicare and United Healthcare.
We are out-of-network providers for Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, HealthNet and all other PPO plans.
We are out of network for many EPO plans. We are not providers for HMO plans.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT MY INSURANCE WILL COVER?
We understand that nobody likes a surprize bill, and do our best to be as accurate and transparent as possible in determining and communicating your portion of payment. As a courtesy to our clients, we contact your insurance company to determine your benefits for therapy services. Please note that a determination of benefits IS NOT a guarantee of payment. We are sometimes provided incorrect information and can only relay to you, what we are informed by your insurance company. It is always a good idea for you to call to verify this information for yourself. You are responsible for whatever portion of the bill your insurance company does not cover.
WHAT ARE YOUR FEES FOR SELF PAY?
Evaluation visit $200 (40 minutes)
Follow up visit $140 (40 minutes)
This is a reduced day rate for whatever services you need and we are able to provide as part of your physical therapy treatment. We provide a receipt of payment for your Office Visit. We are unable to provide a superbill with itemized procedure code charge breakdown, because of the varied nature of our treatment and the single day rate fee. If you prefer to use your insurance, we bill your insurance our usual fee schedule, on your behalf.
DO I NEED A PRESCRIPTION OR REFERRAL FROM MY DOCTOR?
For more detailed information, please go to the ABOUT page and click on the Direct Access tab.
You are not required to have a physician referral to see a physical therapist for 45 days or 12 visits, whichever comes first. After that you will need a physician to sign off on you treatment plan. (This is a California state law.) However, your insurance network may require you to obtain a referral to cover physical therapy services.
All Medicare patients require a prescription for physical therapy services. Prescriptions are valid for 60 days following the date of the script. Private insurance companies may or may not require that you obtain a prescription. Some require a direct referral from your primary care physician (PCP). In all cases, it is important to call to check this information with your insurance prior to starting treatment.