Indy Spartan SGX
Our Indy Spartan SGX training program is lead by Spartan SGX Certified Coach, Tom Burns. Coach Burns became certified in January 2015. Coach Burns advance his training and completed the Spartan SGX Level 2 Coach program in June 2020. We welcome you to review the information below. If you still have additional questions, feel welcome to reach out to Coach Burns at either firstname.lastname@example.org or by call or text at 317-503-2297.
Training sessions will vary across multiple objectives. These may include cardio endurance, muscle endurance, muscle strength, power, mobility, and more. Coach Burns discusses two rules. 1) Show Up, and 2) Make Effort. These simple two rules may sound easy, but many people may struggle. You follow these rules, and we will take care of the rest. Coach Burns also encourages participants not to become too overwhelmed with the big picture goals. Rather, be aware of your goals, and then break things down and focus on your Daily Decisions, one at a time.
Indy Spartan SGX
Check back later for training date details, or reach out directly. Email to email@example.com, or call/text to 317-503-2297. Classes are a mix of workout program provided, for those interested, or you may accept Open Gym to practice and train as you feel needed. Training starts at 6:30 PM, with required RSVP no later than 4:00 PM on day of training.
Round 4 will be held Saturday, November 6
Custom coins are in! FYZICAL Challenge is back again! Details are below. All participants will receive our NEW finisher's coin.
Round 4: Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Door open at 8:30am for warm up and practice. Timed heats begin at 9:00am.
- HAND WARMERS will be provided, no cost, should they be needed.
- $20 Entry cost per participants gets you access to all 3 challenge sequences.
Challenge yourself in one, two, or all three. We have indoor, outdoor, and
combined. About 24 "obstacles" included to challenge yourself through.
- Advance RSVP required no later than 7pm EST on Wednesday, November 3.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: FYZICAL Challenge RSVP.
Round 3: Saturday, August 7, 2021
Round 2: Saturday, March 20, 2021
Round 1: Saturday, October 24, 2020
Be sure to follow our Facebook page for workout tips and videos you can do from home.
While our set up varies one week to the next, here are a couple pictures to give you a sense of what our gym has available. We work with our limited space, and optimize the space for whichever workout focus we need on a given date.
(photos coming soon!)
Spartan Pillars and FYZICAL Fitness beliefs video
Obstacle tutorial videos
Click YouTube page
Zoom group webcasts
Periodically, we will offer online webcasts to cover various topics. These are available via zoom.us, or via the Zoom mobile app. Please set up your free account prior to webinar, so you can join in. We will have invite emails or links available prior to start of the event.
Additional training offerings, not included in the above package
AlterG treadmill, Juvent Micro-vibration, or deep tissue Laser Therapy. Click here for details.
Basic Elements of Physical Fitness
- Cardiorespiratory endurance – the ability of the heart, lungs, and circulatory system to supply oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles;
- Muscle strength – the maximal amount of force that can be produced by a muscle or muscle group;
- Muscle endurance – the ability of a muscle or muscle group to maintain submaximal force or repeated contractions over a period of time;
- Flexibility – the ability to move a joint through its full range of motion.
Expanded elements of physical fitness would include focuses on balance, speed, anaerobic power, coordination, agility, and reaction time.
TRAINING LOCATIONS Available:
FYZICAL Fitness: 5841 Thunderbird Road, Suite i, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Our main entry door faces side street, Deme Drive, one turn off Thunderbird Road.
Offsite locations may commonly include:
- Fort Harrison State Park (entry at 59th St. and Post Rd. Entry fees may apply.)
- Lawrence Community Park (back behind the Major General Emmett J Bean Finance Center)
Here are some highlight pictures of class participants at 2018 races!
Here are some highlight pictures of class participants in 2019!
Here are some highlight pictures of our facility in early 2020!
DISCLAIMER: Tom Burns is a Spartan SGX Certified Coach, and employed with FYZICAL Fitness of Indianapolis. Spartan Race and FYZICAL Fitness are separate businesses, and are not responsible for each other's actions or remarks.