Pediatric Occupational Therapy
FYZICAL Thunder Bay offers comprehensive Pediatric Occupational Therapy as well as:
Our Pediatric Occupational Therapist can identify and treat difficulties that interfere with a child’s ability to perform functional daily living skills, academic skills, and peer activities.
The evaluation consists of a parent interview, standardized testing, informal assessment, and play-based interaction to determine the child’s current fine motor, visual perceptual, and sensory-motor abilities. Treatment sessions are individualized and focused on improving fine motor skills, handwriting, body awareness, attention/focus, arousal level, sensory processing, and self-help skills.
Motor and Sensory conditions treated:
- Fine motor challenges
- Sensory processing challenges
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Congenital disorders (e.g., Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy)
- Orthopedic conditions and upper extremity problems/disorders
- Upper extremity orthotic fabrication and fitting
- Handwriting delays
- Developmental delays
- Feeding disorders
- Generalized weakness