We want to thank you for being a patient of FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Center. We appreciate the trust that you’ve put in us to help you on your health and wellness journey.
We understand that Coronavirus is scary, and top of mind, for everyone right now. Our hearts go out to all of those who have been affected. The health and safety of our patients and employees has always been our top priority, and this is a rapidly evolving situation that we’ll continue to monitor through the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and our local health organization.
We are dedicated to the safety of our clinic and currently remain open for business. We want to assure you that we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure our clinic is cleaned and sanitized daily as part of our normal course of business. In addition, we’ve taken heightened precautions inside of our clinic to ensure safety for both our patients and our employees:
- Schedules have been staggered (3 therapists are scheduling on the hour i.e: 9:00-10:00 and 2 therapists are scheduling on the half hour i.e: 9:30-10:30 treatment slots).
- Front office will screen patients with appropriate questions regarding Covid symptoms upon scheduling initial visit.
- Face masks are required by anyone who enters the clinic according to state guidance.
- Temperature checks are taken upon arrival by front office staff.
- All patients are asked to wash hands or use sanitizer before treatment.
- We have created an additional waiting area and the seating is 6 feet apart.
- Patients can elect to wait in their vehicles up until appointment time (please call to notify staff you are waiting in the parking lot if you choose to do this.)
- Caregivers who are not needed in the treatment room are asked to wait in their vehicles.
- After traveling, patients are asked to self quarantine for two weeks as per state guidelines and not come in to the clinic.
- Therapists now fill in the subjective portion of flow sheet to reduce patient use of clipboards and pens.
- Clipboards and pens are wiped down after each necesary use.
- All frequently touched surfaces in the clinic are cleaned with an EPA approved COVID disinfectant spray on the hour by our office staff.
- Bed sheets and hot pack covers are changed and washed after each patient.
- All treatments occur in private treatment rooms, which are cleaned by the therapist between each patient with EPA approved COVID disinfectant spray.
- Gloves can be worn by the therapist upon request.
- Each treatment room has a HEPA air purifier that will be on to help circulate and clean the air.
Your health and wellness are of the utmost importance to us here at FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Center. We want you to feel safe and comfortable, so you can continue to improve your health and wellness through consistent treatments as outlined in your individual plan of care.
We’re also ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay home if they aren’t feeling well. All of these practices, and our business decisions, are informed by guidance from the CDC and local health organizations. Simple tips (from the CDC) that we encourage all to follow include:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when sick.
- Covering the mouth and nose with the inside of the elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Again, we here at FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Center want to thank you, our patients, for your continued trust and support of our patients, staff, and clinics.
Updated information from the CDC on Coronavirus can be found at: http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html