Safety Overhead Support System
One of the most significant predictors for balance and vestibular therapy success is centered around how much challenge a patient can be provided. Ask any therapist - using a gait belt is NOT a foolproof technique, and that degree of challenge is restricted based on fear of the patient falling. Not only does the therapist restrict challenges based on fear, but the patient also restricts their participation due to an overwhelming sense of fear of falling.
At FYZICAL Littleton and Applewood clinic's, we have changed how balance and vestibular therapy are performed. Our clinic offers a Safety Overhead Support (SOS) System, an overhead harness support system that consists of an overhead track and movable trolly that allows the patient, while secured in a simple body harness, the freedom to ambulate, perform functional types of activities, and fall with minimal risk of injury.
How the Safety Overhead System Can Help You
- Our licensed physical therapist can challenge a patient appropriately to achieve the best possible results with balance and vestibular function without the patient having a fear of falling.
- It is incredible what can be accomplished when the fear of falling is eliminated. Our Safety Overhead Support System will help you:
- Reduces fear of falling.
- Rehab faster and return to full strength in less than average time.
- Will enable natural movements with normal arm swing, avoiding arms grabbing parallel bars.
- SOS Training allows for many balance exercises such as walking forward, backward, standing, or walking over uneven surfaces and maneuvering steps.
The Safety Overhead Support (SOS) System is utilized in our Applewood clinic to address the following:
- Post-Surgical Patients (Knees, Hips, Back)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Falls Risk in patients
- Gait Retraining
- Neurological Rehabilitation (Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease)
- Balance Therapy - Vestibular Dysfunction
- Meniere’s Disease
- Vertigo & Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
Call today to learn more about how physical therapy at FYZICAL Applewood can help you at 303-409-2133.