One-on-One Assisted Stretching
Fyzical provides assisted stretching to achieve a deeper and more effective stretch than you could achieve on your own. Sessions typically last an 50 minutes and are one-on-one with our licensed physical therapists and physical therapy assistants.
Many people are guilty of either rushing through their warm-up stretching, or skipping the cool-down moves after the workout. Yet, along with cardio and strength-training, stretching also delivers significant health benefits.
Stretching extends your overall range of motion, while also elasticizing your muscles and enhancing coordination. But those improvements, in turn, bring about other health benefits. We can discuss more of these during your visit, but in the meantime here are some of the frequently-overlooked benefits of stretching.
What are some benefits to stretching?
- Improves freedom and ease of movement (bend, reach and turn further)
- Improves sporting performance
- Improves relaxation and stress relief
- Improves posture
- Improves co-ordination
- Reduces aches, pains and stiff, tight muscles and joints
- Reduces the susceptibility to soft tissue injuries like muscle and tendon strains
- Reduces fatigue and delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Promotes circulation
- Develops body awareness
- Increases energy
Common Assisted Stretching Techniques
Active Isolated Stretching: A gentle, assisted stretching method that focuses on a muscle/group and holds for a few seconds and repeated multiple times
Passive Stretching: With your body relaxed, our therapist stretches you for a period of time and intensifies the longer it is held
Resistance Stretching: This stretching technique requires you to resist between 10 to 50% of the back-and-forth stretching motion which allows for a deeper stretch each time
Three Reasons to Choose Fyzical Stretching
- Unlike most stretching locations, Fyzical only uses licensed phsyical therapist and physical therapy assistants for our One-on-One stretching sessions
- Our trained and licensed staff are able diagnosis underlying conditions and provide more thorough treatment if required
- Option to add heat, electronic stimulation (E-STIM) or deep tissue laser to your therapy sessions