What is Blood Flow Restriction Training (BFR)?
BFR is an exercise technique that manipulates the body’s circulatory system, and when combined with exercise, produces rapid gains in strength and fitness using light-weights.
BFR with B StrongTM uses inflatable bands worn around the upper portion of the arms or legs while performing low load/resistance exercises. The bands are inflated to individualized pressures prescribed by the B Strong BFR Training SystemTM.
How does BFR work?
BFR training with B StrongTM gives you the ability to achieve the effects of intense anerobic training and producing the muscle “burn” comparable to high intensity exercises, without the stress from heavy loads/resistance.
The strong fatigue that comes with BFR exercise using B StrongTM bands triggers a natural, robust, hormonal cascade. This hormonal cascade is required to produce hypertrophy and strength gains, that would usually require heavy exercise such as heavy weightlifting.
Benefits of BFR
- Improve Bone Mineral Density
- Promote Muscle Hypertrophy
- Improve Circulation
- Prevent Muscle Atrophy during Immobilization
- Reduce Arthritic Pain
Who can benefit from B StrongTM BFR?
- People of all ages, young and old, looking for an effective and safe means of exercise without heavy resistance.
- People who are healthy, injured, weak, and strong.
- People looking for an effective, efficient, and safe way to exercise.