According to the National Council on Aging and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, falls are the leading cause of both fatal and nonfatal injuries for older Americans and that one-third of Americans aged 65+ falls each year. Although preventable, a staggering number of Americans will face fall-related injuries or death this year.
FYZICAL Centerville is offering Free Fall Risk Assessments. This 15-minute assessment done by our Physical Thrapist will identify compromises in balance, flexibility and strength that could make someone susceptible to a fall and next steps to help prevent future falls. Click this link to download the Fall Risk Assessment Form.
ASK YOURSELF THESE FALL RISK QUESTIONS:
- Have you fallen more than once in the past year?
- Do you feel dizzy or unsteady if you make sudden changes, such as bending down or turning quickly?
- Do you feel unsteady when you are walking, climbing stairs stepping up or down a curb?
- Do you feel unsteady walking on uneven surfaces such as grass, gravel or sand?
- Do you have difficulty sitting down or getting up from a seated or lying position?
- Have you had a stroke or other neurological problem that has affected your balance?
- Do you have numbness or loss of sensation in your legs and/or feet?
- Do you use a walker or wheel chair, or do you need assistance to get around?
- Are you inactive? (Do you walk or exercise less than 60-90 minutes total per week?)
- Do you take medication for two or more of the following: heart disease, hypertension, arthritis, anxiety or depression?
CONTACT US AT 937.938.1104 AND SCHEDULE YOUR FREE FALL RISK ASSESSMENT TODAY!